S.O.S Fluids Lab & Condition Monitoring
The Empire Fluids Analysis program was created to help machine owners lower the cost of operating and maintaining their machinery by offering comprehensive fluid & oil sampling, analysis and testing solutions. Oil & fluid samples provide a window into a machine’s overall health and can detect potential problems long before they materialize.
Oil sampling is recommended every time the oil is changed (normally 250 hours or 15,000 miles). Other fluids should be sampled at least every 500 hours.
Empire’s state-of-the-art lab can evaluate more than 30 characteristics from each fluid sample, including:
- Wear metals in all compartments
- Presence of water in all compartments
- Fuel dilution in liquid fueled engines
- Glycol/coolant in all liquid cooled compartments
- Infrared analysis of fluid contamination/degradation by
- Particle count of select compartments
- Viscosity on all samples
- Total base number (upon request, additional charge)
Test reports include recommendations to help owners identify and resolve potential problems before they result in failures. Many manufacturers, including Caterpillar, require regular oil analysis as a condition for warranty coverage.
All Empire fluid & oil testing is completed and reported in 24 hours or less. Samples can be dropped off at any Empire location and same-day, and online reports are available for samples delivered to the lab before 10 a.m. Contact our Fluids Lab at firstname.lastname@example.org.