WIN FREE PARTS
WITH CAT CENTRAL
Sweepstakes Ends June 30, 2023
HOW TO ENTER
GET THE APP
The Cat Central App is now available to download on Android and iOS mobile devices.
FIND THE RIGHT PART
Shop or search by part number, keyword or browse by category to add items to your cart.
Checkout in the app to be automatically entered for a chance to win. Every day you complete a transaction is an entry.
WHAT YOU COULD WIN
CAT PREPAID CREDIT
RUNNER UP PRIZE
CAT PREPAID CREDIT
SECOND RUNNER UP PRIZE
CAT PREPAID CREDIT
CAT CENTRAL SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO ALL LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF FLORIDA, NEW YORK, RHODE ISLAND, PUERTO RICO, AND THE U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS). U.S. RESIDENTS MUST BE AT LEAST THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR STATE OR DISTRICT AND BE PHYSICALLY LOCATED AND RESIDE IN THE UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF OR THOSE LOCATED IN FLORIDA, NEW YORK, RHODE ISLAND, PUERTO RICO, AND THE U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS).THIS PROMOTION IS VOID IN FLORIDA, NEW YORK, RHODE ISLAND, PUERTO RICO, AND THE U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AS WELL AS WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW OR REGULATION. THE PROMOTION IS SUBJECT TO ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS. THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA GOVERN THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
Promotion Sponsor: The Cat Central Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is sponsored by Caterpillar Inc. having offices at 5205 N. O'Connor Boulevard, Suite 100, Irving, TX 75039 U.S. (the “Sponsor” or “Caterpillar”).
FACEBOOK®, INSTAGRAM®, LINKEDIN®, AND TWITTER® ARE NOT SPONSORS OF THIS PROMOTION AND THE PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK®, INSTAGRAM®, LINKEDIN®, AND TWITTER®, OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING PLATFORM.
Who Can Enter: To be eligible for the Promotion, an individual must:
- be a legal resident of and physically located in: (i) one of the fifty (50) United States (excluding residents of or those located in the states of Florida, New York, Rhode Island, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Territories and Possessions), or (ii) the District of Columbia; and
- be at least the age of majority in their state or district of residency as of the start of the Promotion Period.
Officers, directors and employees of Caterpillar and its agents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, divisions, dealers, attorneys, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members and household members of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in this Promotion.
The Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Promotion. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by, and supplied to, the Sponsor for the purpose of the Promotion must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant should such an Entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
How to Enter:
- There is no purchase necessary to enter the Promotion. Between 12:00:00 a.m. Central Time on March 15, 2023 and 11:59:59 p.m. Central Time on June 30, 2023 (the “Promotion Period”) eligible entrants may enter the Promotion by completing the registration form (“Online Form”) located on the Cat Central App and/or Cat.com (“Website”) https://www.cat.com/en_US/products/new/parts/cat-central/registration.html. Multiple submissions of the Online Form by an Entrant in a single day will count as one (1) eligible Entry for that day. Eligible entrants who complete all information required in the Online Form and successfully submit the Online Form during the Promotion Period (each an “Entrant”) will receive one (1) entry into the Promotion (“Entry”), per each submission of an Online Form, subject to the limitation that an Entrant is limited to one (1) eligible Entry per day. For the avoidance of doubt, a purchase on the Cat Central App is not required; an Entrant may submit an Entry without any purchase, through Cat.com. To receive an Entry, Online Forms must be successfully submitted by 11:59:59pm CST on June 30, 2023, after which time the Promotion will be closed and no further Entries will be accepted.
- Those who do not follow all the instructions, provide the required information in their Online Form, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor may be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries.
- Entries received online shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the Entry. For the purpose of these Official Rules, “authorized account holder” of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Each selected Entrant may be required to provide the Sponsor with proof that the selected Entrant is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
- Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant (and all of its entries) who tampers with the entry process. Entrants may not register with multiple email addresses nor may Entrants use any other device or artifice to register multiple times or as multiple registrants. Any Entrant who attempts to enter with multiple email addresses under multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to register/play multiple times will be disqualified and forfeits any and all Prizes won, in Sponsor's discretion.
- All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and none will be returned for any reason. Lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, corrupted or illegible Entries are void and will not be considered. Any disputes regarding ownership of any Entry will be resolved by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- The verified grand prize winner of the Promotion (the “Grand Prize Winner”) will receive Cat Credits for $2,000 of Cat parts (the “Grand Prize”) with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $2,000.00 and up to 2 verified second place winners (each a “Second Place Winner” and together with the Grand Prize Winner, referred to as the “Winners”) will each receive a Cat Credits for $500 of Cat parts, (each a “Second Place Prize” and together with the Grand Prize, referred to as the “Prizes”) with an ARV of $500 for an aggregate ARV of the Second Place Prizes of $1,000.00. The aggregate ARV of all Prizes to be awarded for the Promotion is $3,000.00. Any difference between stated ARV and actual value of the Prizes will not be awarded. The Prizes must be accepted as awarded. All details of the Prizes not specified in the Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Additional Prize award details may be provided to the Winners at the time of notification. Cat Credits may not be used to further personal, family, or household interests or matters and consumers are ineligible for the use of Cat Credits. Cat Credits are subject to the following Terms: https://www.cat.com/en_US/support/financing-protection/financing-options/cat-card/rewards.html.
- The Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be split, transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If the Prizes cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prizes with other Prizes of equal or greater value.
- All Prizes will be delivered to the respective Winners by regular mail, or other method as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to the address provided by the Winner on their Online Form, with all cost of said delivery being paid by Sponsor. The Sponsor shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected Prizes.
- The ARV of the Prizes is based on available information provided to Sponsor and the value of any Prize awarded to a Winner may be reported for tax purposes where required by law. The Winners may be required to provide Sponsor with a valid social security number or tax identification number before the prize will be awarded for tax reporting purposes. Winner may be required to complete a W-9 or other tax related documentation for applicable jurisdictions in the United States to be eligible to win a Prize and/or be issued an IRS 1099 form or other tax related notice as applicable.
All applicable taxes, including but not limited to federal, state and local income taxes, on the Prizes are the sole responsibility of the respective Winners.
- The Winners shall be selected as follows: on or about July 7, 2023, one (1) Entrant will be selected by a random draw from all eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period with the first Entrant selected being named the Grand Prize Winner and awarded the Grand Prize. Thereafter, two (2) Entrants will be selected by a random draw from all remaining eligible Entries with each such Entrant selected being named a Second Place Winner and awarded a Second Place Prize. Before being declared a Winner or awarded a Prize, the Entrant selected must comply with these Official Rules (including the eligibility requirements), which shall be subject to verification.
- No more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded by the Sponsor or any other party.
- The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible Entries received, but each Entrant is limited to one (1) eligible Entry per day.
- No Entrant can win more than one (1) Prize.
- Before being declared a Winner, each Entrant selected may be required to execute an affidavit and release (the “Affidavit and Release”) that confirms the Winner’s: (i) eligibility for the Promotion and compliance with these Official Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release of the Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies, including without limitation Simantel, from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Promotion, participation in any Promotion-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) grant to the Sponsor the unrestricted right, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, reproduce, convert, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, translate, adapt and otherwise use and re-use the Winner’s name, photographs, likeness, voice and biography in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Promotion and the promotion and exploitation thereof. The executed Affidavit and Release, if required, must be returned within ten (10) days of the verification as a Winner or the selected Entrant will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
- The week following the selection of the Winners of the Prizes, the Winners will be notified by the Sponsor by electronic mail and/or by telephone using the information provided on his or her Online Form.
- With respect to the Grand Prize Winner only, notification will be attempted a maximum of three (3) times. If the Grand Prize Winner does not respond to the notification within seven (7) business days of the final attempted contact, the Grand Prize will be forfeited, and the next alternative Entrant will be randomly selected from the remaining Entries and deemed the Grand Prize Winner. With respect to all Winners, if the contact information provided is non-operative or non-operational; or if the selected Entrant is unwilling or unable to accept the Prize offered, the Prize will be forfeited, and the next alternative Entrant will be randomly selected from the remaining Entries and deemed the Winner of the Prize forfeited.
Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Promotion constitutes the Entrant's full and unconditional agreement and acceptance of these Official Rules. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
Identification of Winners:
- The Grand Prize Winner will be announced on the Website on or about July 14, 2023 and shall remain posted there for a minimum of thirty (30) business days. Second Place Winners will not be announced on the Website.
- Where required by law, for the names of all Winners of Prizes, available after July 14, 2023, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Caterpillar Inc., Attn: Cat Central Sweepstakes, 501 South Jefferson Street, Peoria, Illinois 61630.
Terms and Conditions:
- All Entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. Proof of Entry submission does not equate to proof of receipt. Entries are only valid if actually received by the Sponsor.
- This Promotion is subject to all federal, state provincial and local laws and regulations. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.
- The Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries, limited liability or affiliated companies, any of their respective employees, shareholders, directors, officers, members, personnel, agents, assigns and advertising and promotional agencies, shall not be responsible for: (1) Entries, Prize claims or notifications that are not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer or technical malfunction, or human error of any kind; (2) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer or communications malfunctions, failures or difficulties, including public utility or telephone outages, omissions, interruptions, deletions or defects of any telephone system or network, computer online systems, computer equipment, servers or service providers; (3) typographical, printing or other errors, or any combination thereof; (4) inability to access the Website or third party platform including Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin or Instagram; (5) theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; (6) data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone lines or transmission systems, or the Internet, or any service provider’s facilities, or any phone site or Website or for any other reason whatsoever; or (7) any injury or damage to Entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion.
- If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of being conducted as planned; or if this Promotion is not conducted due to technical malfunctions including any computer or technical systems (or any portion thereof) becoming corrupted or does not allow the proper conduct of the Promotion and/or processing of Entries in accordance with these Official Rules for any reason; or if infection by a computer (or similar) virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by Entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Promotion, or any portion thereof, without obligation, and select the Winner in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received prior to or after (as appropriate) the action taken by the Sponsor. If such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension of this Promotion occurs, notification will be posted at the Website.
- Any individual’s use of robotic, automatic, scripted, programmed or similar entry methods will void all Entries by that individual. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Entry or Entrant that it deems to have violated or attempted to violate any of these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with the Promotion in any manner. Any attempt by an Entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any phone service site, social media site, or Website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion is a violation of criminal and/or civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Entrants are subject to and must comply with all applicable terms and conditions, policies and rules of third parties including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter including, without limitation, with respect to the posting of content on such sites.
- Entrant agrees to post content in accordance with and permits Sponsor’s use of any content posted by Entrant to any social media platform in accordance with Sponsor’s Social Media and Photo and Video Terms & Conditions available at https://www.caterpillar.com/en/legal-notices/social-media-photo-video-terms-conditions.html.
Limitation of Liability: By entering the Promotion, each Entrant (i) acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements; (ii) agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects; (iii) agrees that the Sponsor has sole discretion to resolve any disputes as it sees fit; and (iv) agrees that neither the Entrant nor his/her heirs, successors, or assigns will assert any claim related to damages, losses or injuries against either Facebook©, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, any other third party platform or the Sponsor or its or their parents, affiliates, franchisees, advertising or promotion agencies, attorneys, Prize providers and affiliated entities, and each of their respective employees, shareholders, directors, officers, members, personnel, agents and assigns. The Sponsor and its related entities, parents, subsidiaries, limited liability and affiliate companies, franchisees, advertising and promotion agencies, attorneys, Prize providers and affiliated entities: (i) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any Prize; (ii) disclaim any implied warranty; (iii) are not in any way responsible or liable for damage, loss or injury of any kind including, but not limited to death or bodily harm, actually or allegedly arising from entry into the Promotion or acceptance and/or use of any Prize; (iv) disclaim any responsibility for any actual or alleged loss (financial or otherwise), injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from downloading any material from any website, social media site, or the Website, regardless of whether the material was prepared by the Sponsor or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to the Website or social media site page by a hypertext link; and (v) disclaim any liability for either for the termination, suspension or modification of the Promotion for any reason or through the acts or defaults of any company or person fulfilling any portion of the Prize.
Release Indemnity: By participating in the Promotion, all Entrants, including without limitation the Winners, agree to release and hold harmless Facebook©, Instagram the Sponsor and its and their parents, subsidiaries, limited liability and affiliate companies, Dealers, its advertising and promotional agencies, and each of their respective employees, shareholders, directors, officers, members, personnel, agents, attorneys and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of action, or losses of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from such Entrant's participation in the Promotion, any breach of these Official Rules, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, including without limitation: personal injury, death, property damage, defamation, infringement of intellectual property rights, and claims based on the rights of publicity and privacy. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOSS OF DATA; INCOME; OR PROFIT; LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY; CLAIMS OF THIRD-PARTIES, AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, AND THE RIGHT TO HAVE ANY DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. The Entrant further agrees to fully indemnify the Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Promotion, without limitation.
Publicity and Privacy:
- By participating in the Promotion, each Entrant grants to Sponsor the right to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice and biographical information for publicity, advertising, and promotional purposes in connection with the Promotion in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
- By participating in the Promotion, each Entrant grants to the Sponsor and its respective authorized agents the right to use his/her name, e-mail address, street address, industry employed in, and telephone number and such other information provided in connection with registering for the Promotion (“Personal Information”) for the purposes of administering the Promotion including, but not limited to, contacting and announcing the Winners and fulfilling the award of the Prizes; (ii) grants to the Sponsor the right to use his/her Personal Information for promotional purposes relating to the Promotion, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (iii) acknowledges that the Sponsor may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers of the Sponsor in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) and (ii)above. Personal information will otherwise not be sold, shared or disclosed in any manner or for any other purposes by the Sponsor or any related entities, unless Entrant has otherwise agreed. The Sponsor will process the Entrant’s Personal Information in a manner that is consistent with the Sponsor’s Global Data Privacy Statement, located at http://www.caterpillar.com/dataprivacy and, to the extent applicable Data Governance Statement, located at https://www.caterpillar.com/datagovernance, as each may be updated from time to time.
Dispute Resolution/Choice of Law: The laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict rules, govern these Official Rules. All disputes, claims and controversies relating to or arising out of the Promotion, these Official Rules or any Prize (collectively, “Dispute”) will be resolved by binding arbitration, rather than in court. The arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) in accordance with the AAA’s Commercial Arbitration Rules and Mediation Procedures. The location of the arbitration will be Peoria, Illinois, United States of America. Any dispute resolution proceedings will be conducted only on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated or representative action, and that the parties are waiving the right to a trial by jury. If for any reason a claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration, each party waives any right to a jury trial. This agreement to arbitrate shall be specifically enforceable in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Any award issued by the arbitrator pursuant to any arbitration shall be final and binding upon the parties, and judgment may be entered upon in accordance with applicable Laws in any court of competent jurisdiction. All claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event shall include attorney’s fees.
Parties not affiliated with Promotion: FACEBOOK®, INSTAGRAM®, LINKEDIN®, AND TWITTER®ARE NOT AFFILIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION, ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ADMINISTRATION OF THIS PROMOTION, ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR PROVIDING ANY PRIZES, AND ARE NOT A SPONSOR OF THIS PROMOTION.
Trademark/Copyright: All content on the Website, including text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, video clips and audio clips (collectively “Content”), the compilation of the Content (meaning its collection, arrangement and assembly) and all software used on or in the Website are the property of either the Sponsor, its respective affiliates, or third parties that have licensed content and software for use on the Website. To the extent applicable, Content shall include that which is posted to social media or other third-party sites in which Sponsor has intellectual property rights. No license is granted for any further use of any of these trademarks, service marks or logos. All content and software are protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. All content and other copyrightable material may be used only as provided in these Official Rules. All rights not expressly granted in these Official Rules are reserved.
Termination. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Promotion, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Promotion, and/or the Official Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
© 2023 Caterpillar Inc. All Rights Reserved.